Monday, June 4, 2012

My Sister

Katherine and Brett stopped by the night before we moved to tell us bye.  It was sad.  I cried.  I have lived in the same town as my sister for 25 out of my 29 years (we've lived in the same house for the majority of those).  We've lived in 5 different cities (Athens, Toccoa, Clemson, Dahlonega, and Wake Forest), and three different states.  I have LOVED being so close to my sister!  She understands me, she encourages me, she forgives me, she knows me, and she loves me.  

Bert and Brett are great friends too, and I can't begin to imagine how many dinners the four of us have had together.  Lots of nights we would invite the other couple over just an hour before it was time to eat.  Spur of the moment.  I'm not a spur of the moment kind of person.  I prefer to plan things out days, weeks or even months in advance, but hanging out with Kate and Brett is different. I love that we are all so comfortable together that it just doesn't matter if the house isn't clean, there are dirty dishes in the sink, or we're experimenting with a new recipe....we just love hanging out.  

We had the kiddo's pose for us in front of all the boxes.  Emily loves Jacob like you wouldn't believe.  She gets so excited about seeing him!!  As we were pulling out of Wake Forest, Emily started saying "I go see Jacob, I go see Jacob."  I was already emotional and her insisting that we go see him only made me cry more.  We'll certainly miss them, but I know that not living in the same town any more will just make our time together from now on more special.  


Me and Kate at Bert's graduation party.  


I love you, Kate!  You are what I'll miss most about Wake Forest!  

No comments:

Post a Comment