Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Three's Company!

Labor Day 2012 was a great day!!  It was the day Bert and I got the biggest and best surprise ever!!  We had just moved into our new house just 2 days before.  We were surrounded by boxes, boxes and more   boxes.  The entire week before we moved I really hadn't been feeling great.  I couldn't tell you exactly what was wrong, but I wasn't feeling 100%.  After discussing how I felt with Bert and my mom, we decided that I was probably just anxious about the upcoming move (even though I didn't feel anxious, I totally convinced myself this was it.:))  Well the move had come and gone and I still wasn't feeling great.  I decided to pick up a pregnancy test when I went to the store to buy groceries for the week.  Bert had gone outside to cut grass, but as soon as I took the test I ran to find him.  I'm sure my mouth was still hanging wide open.:)  I found him in the garage and told him "Bert, I'm pregnant!" When I told him he had the biggest grin spread across his face.  I'm sure he was as surprised as I was, but he could do nothing but smile.  He's such a good daddy!!

We may have been surprised, but we couldn't be more excited about this sweet little life growing inside of me!!  We can hardly wait to find out if this sweet baby is a girl or a boy!  We can hardly wait to name this sweet child!! We can hardly wait to find out who this baby will look like!  We can hardly wait to hold this baby close and tell him/her how much we love them!  And we do love him/her so so much!!  We can't wait to welcome this sweet baby into our family!!

I'm so excited that our kids will be so close in age!  I pray that they will be close not just in age, but also in their relationship with one another.  I pray that they will be the best of friends!!

I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago and found out that the baby is due April 24th.  I'm 10 weeks along today.....almost finished with the first trimester....woohoo!!  The baby and I both had a great check-up!  I got to hear the baby's heart beating when he/she was only 8 weeks along.  It brought tears to my eyes.  The sound of one of my children's heart beating, while this little baby is still inside of me, is one of the sweetest, most precious sounds I've ever heard.  I can't hear it and not be in awe of God!

Emily will turn three just two weeks before the baby is born.  Hannah will be 14 months. Our hands will surely be full with three small children, but they will be full of good things!!  The Lord has blessed us with more than we could imagine.  We are so thankful for all three of our sweet children!!

2 comments:

  1. We're pretty excited too! All these new grandbabies are such a blessing in addition to the ones we already have of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!!!!
    this is so exciting, friends!
    team lyon is so excited for yall!

    ReplyDelete