Wednesday, June 28, 2017

These Days

June has been a great start to summer!!  

Bert's garden is doing great this year!  He's gotten a good bit of cucumber, zucchini and squash.  Hopefully the tomatoes will start rolling in soon!  


Emily's teacher sent this to me because it wasn't something that came home and I thought it was the cutest!! It made Bert and I laugh out loud in a couple parts.  It says "I think Abby is the best because she is SO cute, she is my little sister.  I know how to holde her (But my mom won't let me ) If I dance with her like a crazy person and neel down she will lay her head down on my shoder.  I love when she dose that  I also love her.  Did you know she is the youngest child in our family?  Have you ever seen a baby like that?  Well, I think she is the best 1 year old ever!  You should come over to our house."  Then she gave our address and my cell phone number!  Ha!  




Hannah loves to "read" to Abby and I find her like this often.  



We got to celebrate Haley's 6th birthday with her and had a great time! We love birthdays!  


My parents bought all of us tickets to see the Lion King at the Peace Center in Greenville. We had been SO excited about going since they bought the tickets last year and it definitely lived up to all the hype.  It was amazing and we all enjoyed it so much!  


Group pic just before we got to the Peace Center to see the show!  


Stanley and Alisha spent the weekend with us and we enjoyed having them! Mom, Dad, Kate and her kids were just up for the day.  Brett was still in Nicaragua on a mission trip and we had a babysitter at our house for Claire, Ressie and Abby....so no worries, everyone was accounted for.  

I found out the day before the show that my good friend Misty was going to be there too with her family!  I was so excited about seeing her as we only get to see each other a couple times a year.  Not nearly enough.  Misty and I have been best friends since Kindergarten and she went on many vacations with us growing up, so she's kind of like another sibling. I think she was just as excited to see Katherine and Stanley as she was me.:)  


Misty has a daughter also named Emily, so we obviously had to take an Emily picture.  Our Emily is about 3 months older than Misty's Emily, but she's a good little bit taller.  Aren't they precious?! Can't believe they're starting 2nd grade next year. 


Family pic minus Abby and Claire.  We missed them but definitely felt like we made the right decision in not bringing them.  Maybe next time!  


On Father's Day Bert had lots going on a church.  He left for church early that morning and didn't come home until 5 that afternoon.  The girls and I went to church that morning but then came back home for lunch and naps.  The girls were about to burst to give him their cards and gift by the time he got home and did so within 30 seconds of him walking in the door. After we ate a quick dinner we headed out for snowcones!  I thought this was such a precious picture of the people I love most!! These four girls have such an amazing Daddy who loves us and leads us well!  I could not be more thankful!  


Speaking of how great Bert is, he also won "yard of the month" this month for our neighborhood. We have over 100 houses in our neighborhood, so I was proud of his hard work. He definitely doesn't feel like he deserves it and proceeded to list out to me all the reasons why he didn't.  Ha!  Good thing they didn't ask him.  He doesn't spend nearly as much time as he would like working on his yard, but that's just because he's too busy spending time with me and the girls.  He's a hard worker in everything he does and it shows.  


We had VBS last week at church and had such a fun week!  The kids learned so much and came home talking about what they learned most every night.  One night Claire got this tomahawk from the "VBS store" and didn't want to put it down even when she was sleeping.  This made the Braves fan in Bert happy!  


We had a great turn out this year with around 160 kids, 50 youth, and 80+ volunteers...almost 300 total each night.  We're thankful that our church does such a great job serving and loving on the kids from our community.  


Thankful for these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment