Thursday, February 28, 2019

Flu Fun

Claire came down with the flu in early February.  We got her on Tamiflu really quickly,  her fever hardly reached 100 and that was for only one day, and then she was as good as new in a few days.  She doesn't look great in this picture, but this was before any medicine, right after we were leaving the doctor.  Poor nugget.  


We surely thought we were in the clear but then 5 days after that....

Hannah got the flu and it hit her much harder.  I took her to the doctor on Tuesday morning to confirm the flu diagnosis and so she could start Tamiflu.  Her cough was much worse than Claire's and she seemed to feel worse for sure.  On Wednesday morning I took her BACK to the doctor for them to check her lungs again.  Hannah is prone to get pneumonia and I didn't feel comfortable with how she sounded or felt.  They confirmed that she did have pneumonia and I'm so thankful that I took her back that morning before she could get even worse.  The flu usually comes with a cough, so it was a little confusing, but I'm thankful God put it on my heart that it was worse than normal.  


The week that Hannah had the flu the weather was absolutely beautiful, but thankfully she didn't care too much.  I quarantined that sweet girl in our room (Bert and I slept on the couch in the living room) from Tuesday though Friday.  I came in to bring her food, drinks, medicine, etc, but she was mostly by herself....poor nugget!  Her sisters missed her and played outside on the porch so that she could see them.  She loved it!  


Aunt Carrie heard about what a hard week she was having and sent her balloons and a new bear.  It made her day for sure! 


Hannah made these sweet notes for Bert and me on Friday.  By then she was feeling much better and was getting downright tired of staying in our room.  


She got to sleep in her bed on Friday night and I did a deep clean of our room.  I think Emily was the most excited of anyone to have her sister back in their room.  The flu was definitely not fun, but we were soooo thankful that it stopped with Hannah!  

No comments:

Post a Comment