Friday, May 31, 2019

Moving Mimi and Papa and May Birthdays

My parents moved from their house over Memorial Day weekend!  We arrived on Friday to help them get moved.  On Friday evening Daddy was watering the grass and he asked if he could spray the kids.  My first response was "let's not," but he talked me into and I'm definitely glad he did.  The kids were belly laughing and running and I don't know when I've seen them have so much fun!  








On Saturday we had a birthday lunch for Stanley (30th) and Mom (61st).  



Mom took this picture on Saturday (Brett wasn't there that day, but helped all day Monday).  Mom said she wanted to document her moving crew and her grandbabies on the way.  Charlotte came a week and a day after this picture.  And Alisha and baby boy Roberts are doing just great! 


Mom thought it was so funny that the cake said "Happy 30th Birthday Stanley and Mimi"....like she was turning 30.  Ha! 


The did a pile up on Jacob, which was fun at this point (in picture), but then they started getting up and Abs fell of the back onto the back of her head.  Poor nugget!  


Hannah and Jacob love Callie so much!! 


We had church and the recital on Sunday and then we headed back to Toccoa and moved allll day Monday (Memorial Day).  Monday evening we had pizza at the lake and let the kids go for a quick swim.  I actually ran to Walmart earlier in the day and bought them a bathing suit since I hadn't brought any.  They had earned a little swim time! 





We have soooo many great memories in the Deer Chase house...my parents had lived there 19 years.  I for sure had tears running down my face when we drove away for the last time, but we're sooooooo excited for my parents that it finally sold and we're excited about all the memories we're going to make at the lake house (or wherever they live!).  All that matters is being together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment