Tuesday, April 19, 2011

1 year

Emily's 1 year check-up was last week.  She got a great report.  The doctor told me that she needed to come off the bottle.  I had already started giving her a sippy cup for a few feedings, but I had not completely taken her off the bottle.  He said "she's ready....you can take her off today."  I wasn't prepared for the wave of sadness that hit me that night when I was feeding her her last bottle.  I felt like she didn't need me any more.  Bert sat down beside me to try to calm me down.:)  (Poor Emily couldn't figure out why I was crying.)  He started listing all the things she still needed me for.  I do have a big girl, but I'm thankful that she still needs her 'ole Mama for some things.:)

1 week old...


Emily's usually calm, cool and collected during doctor's appointments.  Not this visit.  They pricked her toe at the very beginning of the appointment because they needed to run some routine blood work.  Emily was NOT happy about it.  She let us know she wasn't happy for the rest of the visit.  Thankfully, Alison was there with me so she held Emily while I asked the doctor my list of questions.  I take in a list every time...don't judge.:)

Emily weighed 20 lbs and 3 oz. and she is in the 35th percentile for her weight.  Her height was 28 1/2 inches and she is in the 30th percentile for height.

I attempted a 1 year picture in her regular spot....












Emily's favorites at 1 year:  
Food:  Bananas, yogurt, green beans, cheese, crackers, cheerios
Movies:  Baby Signing Time
Books:  Peek-a-boo books, "I love you through and through", and "Good Night Moon"
Activities:  Dancing, reading books, knocking down towers, taking baths, clapping 
Words she can say:  Mama, Daddy (Dada), banana (nana), dog (dou), bye, hey (hi)
Words she can sign:  dog, banana, bath, bye, sleep, more, juice, hey

Sleeping Habits at 1 year:  
-Takes 2 naps a day - about 1 1/2 hours in the morning and an hour in the afternoon
-It usually takes her about 10 minutes to fall asleep each time we lay her down
-She sleeps 11-12 hours at night.....almost never wakes up in the middle of the night.  
-She sleeps with her bunny and a sound machine that sounds like rain (sound machine is not in the crib with her)

Things I treasure about my 1 year old:  
-She loves dancing.  Any time she hears music she starts bouncing up and down.  
-She loves it when Daddy comes home.  She crawls straight to him and pulls up on his leg.  
-She loves grocery shopping.  She makes it so much fun.  She says hey to everyone we pass.  
-She has the most precious laugh that will just melt your heart.  
-She easily goes to other people (it doesn't break my heart when I leave her in the nursery)
-She can point to her nose and ears.  
-She's learning to walk.  She can take about 7 or 8 steps at a time.







No comments:

Post a Comment