Friday, April 15, 2011

Emily's 1st - Part 2

We had Emily's 1st birthday party on Saturday (April 9th) at Uncle Brett and Aunt Katherine's house.

Here's Emily waking up from a nap....getting ready for her par-tay!:)

Bert and I asked Alison, Carrie and Linda if they would like to bake the cake for Emily's party for us.  (They're all three very talented in the kitchen.)  They said they would love to!  We told them we didn't care what kind of cake....we'd be happy with anything.  They surprised us with this masterpiece just a few minutes before the party started.  Isn't it amazing?!  We were SO impressed.  They stayed up until 2am the night before baking.  The cake was so beautiful we didn't want to cut it, but we quickly got over that b/c the cake was so tasty.  I've been told Alison was the ring leader in the cake making process.  We told her she should start a cake making business!:)  



I was talking to my friend April a few weeks ago and she let me in on a little secret.  She said that if you join the birthday club at Harris Teeter you get a small birthday cake for free on your child's first birthday.  We picked up this sweet little birthday for Emily to destroy.  


Getting ready to open presents.  


I love her sweet expression in this picture.  Please notice the precious outfit that Emily is wearing.  Kayley Harmon let her borrow it.  Kayley is only 20 months old so her mom, Keri, is the one who offered it and mailed it to us.  Thanks to Keri and Kayley!  It was perfect!!     






Time for cake.  I honestly was not sure how Emily was going to do with the whole cake thing.  She usually doesn't like anything to be on her tray.  If I set her sippy cup in one of the cup holders she throws the cup on the floor before I can blink my eye.  


She started out just sticking one finger in the cake and then moved on to both hands.


Finally she decided that it would be best to just go face first.  I'm really not sure where she got this idea. I promise Bert and I do not eat like this at our house.:)






Well, Emily was a big fan of the cake!


Emily just outside hanging out with the guys.  


Our family.  


After we finished dinner we were all sitting around chatting and I realized it was way past time to give Emily her bottle.  On my way to get it and realized that we had forgotten to put it in the refrigerator when we got to Brett and Katherine's.  A few days before we had switched Emily from formula to whole milk.  I guess we still wern't used to needing to keep the bottle cold.  Katherine and Brett live about 20 minutes from our apartment.  So instead of a nice relaxing end to our day we were all running around trying to quickly get packed up so that we could get Emily home, fed and in the bed.  Haha.  We all had to sing to her on the way home b/c she wasn't overly happy about the situation.  

It was such a wonderful day!  I'm so thankful that we were able to celebrate the day with family.  Thanks to everyone that could, for making the trip up.  

Emily, we love you so much!  You are an absolute joy!  We're constantly praying for you.  Praying that you would grow up to trust Christ and serve Him with all that you are.  Happy 1st birthday sweet girl.  Love, Mama and Daddy

1 comment:

  1. It looks like she had a great birthday with lots of family! I can't believe she is already ONE!

    ReplyDelete