Monday, September 30, 2013

Emily-isms

One night Emily wasn't exactly wanting to stay in her bed after we had laid her down.  On probably her third trip up that night she used this as her excuse....
    "Mommy, somebody poked my eye and I can't close it."


Hannah has a very small, light brown birthmark just above her wrist on her right arm.  No one would notice it unless I pointed it out.  One afternoon after their naps I was holding both of them in my arms and Emily noticed Hannah's birthmark for the first time.  She said in a very concerned voice....
   "Oh no!!!  Hannah got some poopy on her arm!"


One night she was trying to get me to stay in her room with her for a few minutes after I laid her down and she said...
   "I want you to stay in here with me with all of my heart!!"  Drama Queen?


Em calls chocolate pudding, "brown yogurt."  Ha!  I usually don't correct her b/c it makes me chuckle.


While Emily was napping one afternoon I noticed through the video monitor that she was laying on her left arm.  When she got up a little while later she came out of her room holding her arm saying...
     "I just have a headache inside my arm!!"


Me:  Emily, give that to Mommy and I'll put it in my purse so we don't lose it.
Emily:  But Mommy....you said last year that you lose stuff in your purse!
Me:  Ha!  Good point!  I'm not going to lose this though!
*So I guess she's heard me mumbling under my breath about "never being able to find anything in my purse" as I'm searching for my keys!:)


Em is very interested in the baby...if she can hear us, what she is doing, who is going to get her out, etc.  One afternoon we had this conversation...
Emily:  Does the baby have a shirt on in your tummy??
Me:  No, no shirt
Emily:  Does the baby have a diaper on in your tummy??
Me:  No, no diaper
Emily:  (Her eyes got really big)  Oh no!!  The baby is naked!!We need to get her some clothes, don't we?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Thank you so much for sharing! She is so adorable! Laughter is good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete