Thursday, October 10, 2013

Mornings with Hannah

I get to spend Monday and Tuesday mornings with my Hannah while Emily is in preschool.  We have so much fun and I love getting to spend that time with her one on one!  On Monday's we read books, play in the playroom, wash clothes, dance, sing and just catch up around the house after what is usually a busy weekend.  She's a big helper and pretty much doesn't leave my side...I love it and I love her.    


She's growing up on me.  The other day at lunch we were talking about birthdays and I asked Emily how old Hannah was going to be on her birthday.  I said "she' s one now so how old will she be?"  Before Em could answer Hannah said "TWO!"  What!?  After I jerked my head over at her and cheered and clapped I decided to see how many of her numbers she knew.  We went back and forth, with me saying one number and her saying the next until she got to nine.  Go girl!!  

Later that day I was in the office working on something at the computer and Hannah walked in the room.  I ask her questions and talk to her all day long, but unless it's a yes or no question I often can't understand her response or she doesn't give me one.  Anyway, this afternoon I said "Hannah, where's Emily?"  Without missing a beat she said "At da potty."  And she was right...Emily was going to the potty!  She's been saying lots and lots of words, but sentences!?  My baby is growing up before my very eyes.:)

She also opened a door all by herself yesterday.  Yikes!  I'm really hoping it was just a fluke and that she won't do that again for awhile.  It's nice to be able to just shut the door and keep her out of certain rooms.:)  

Back to our mornings together...

On Tuesday mornings we usually take our weekly trip to the grocery store.  She loves it!  Who wouldn't want to go to the store with this cutie??  


I love, love, love our sweet Hannah!  Just the other day I was thinking about the fact that she's already 20 months old and thinking that she's basically two.  Seriously, she'll be two so soon.  And then I remembered that before she turns two (which I feel like is tomorrow) we'll be welcoming another sweet little one into our family!  Lots of big changes coming our way in the next few months...we're excited and thankful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment