Monday, September 22, 2014

Claire - 8 months

Claire's 8 months now.  She couldn't be any more cute or cuddly if she tried.  She's hasn't started crawling yet, but she's soooo close.  She gets in the crawl position, puts one knee forward and then just lunges for whatever she's wanting to get to....then she repeats.  Ha!  Just take my word for it...it's cute. 


We've started bathing her in the yellow duck.  She's loving having a little more room to play and splash.  We love that when she falls over the duck catches her.  Win, win for everyone.   


We're slowly introducing some solid foods.  She's really not a big fan  yet.  She's makes quite the face when we put a puff (or anything other than baby food) in her mouth.  Then she usually spits it out.  Bert assures me she's going to catch on soon.  

I dropped her down from 5 feedings to 4 feedings a few weeks ago.  It was more traumatic for me than for her.  She didn't seem to notice or care.  I, on the other hand, got mastitis two days after I dropped a feeding.  I then had to go on a 10 day antibiotic.  (That would be round 3 of mastitis while nursing Claire if anyone is keeping track.)  Since the mastitis excitement I've had two plugged ducts.  I actually still have one now. Praying it won't turn into mastitis and that my body (which I've been told apparently only makes hind milk) will adjust to 4 feedings a day.  

We've seen no teeth.  Her hair is really getting thicker.  And she babbles a lot (especially in the morning).  


We love you Claire Kaylin Watts!  You make us smile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment