Friday, August 21, 2015

Emily's First Day of Kindergarten

The night before Em's first day of kindergarten we let Emily pick the dinner menu to celebrate.  She picked pizza.  We all enjoyed it and enjoyed being together and praying over our girl.  


August 18, 2015 was her big day! She has been so so excited.  We're really excited for her, although I've been a bit emotional recently that she was a baby in my arms yesterday and going to kindergarten today.  I'm not sure how it all happened so fast.  


And she's off!  


Bert posted this prayer on facebook this morning along with the picture below and I wanted to include it here.  This is our prayer...

Lord, bless her, that she may know, trust, follow and love You, and be used by You to be a blessing to others.


Emily sitting in her seat getting ready to get started for the day....looking a smidge nervous.  I took this just as I was leaving her room.  


I was so so so excited about picking her up at 2:30.  I could hardly wait to hear all about her day!  

When she got in the car she was grinning from ear to ear.  She had such a great first day!  
When we got home we had cookies and milk and heard all about the first day of kindergarten...it was fun!!  


A few comments after her first day....

"I was a little scared at first but once I got to meet some new friends I wasn't scared at all." 

E - " I sat beside my best friend and a boy at lunch."  
Me - What was the boy's name?  
E - " I don't know."
Me - What is your best friends name?  
E - " I don't remember."

"My favorite thing of the day was computer lab."

Emily, we're so so proud of the beautiful (inside and out) little girl that you are becoming.  We're thankful for you!  We are praying for you and cheering you on every step of the way!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment