Friday, August 28, 2015

Baby Watts

We found out a couple months ago that we are expecting another sweet baby on March 5, 2016!  We couldn't be more excited or thankful!  This sweet baby is a gift from God and we can't wait to hold him/her in our arms.  

I've been pretty nauseous and tired this first trimester, but thankfully both of those symptoms seem to be getting less and less.  Good riddance, especially to the all day nausea!  I will be 13 weeks tomorrow.  I've decided that hearing a baby's heartbeat while it is inside of you is one of the most unbelievably humbling and amazing sounds ever.  I realize I've done this a few times, but I'll never get over the miracle of it all.  There is a precious child inside of me.  I had a doctors visit on Tuesday and the baby had a great check-up.  It had a strong heartbeat and I got to see the baby kicking its legs and moving its little arms.  Sweet thing.  

We'll find out the gender in about a month and we are excited about that!  We can't wait to find out, but not because we are "hoping" or "praying" for a boy.  Look at our precious girls in the picture below....if God wants to bless us with another sweet girl we will be so so so excited and thankful!  And if he wants to bless us with a little boy, we'll buy some boy stuff and definitely be excited about that too!  Bert gets even more feisty on this subject than I do, but I can promise you he feels the same way.:)  We are totally good either way!  

We told the girls on Tuesday evening, after my appointment that morning.  They were soooo excited!  We videoed when we told them and we'll treasure it always.  Emily and Hannah both told the baby "good night" about 5 times last night and the baby was the first thing they started talking about the next morning.  Hannah talked to Mimi on the phone earlier and said "now we're going to have 2 babies....Claire and Margaret."  She's lobbying to name the baby Margaret if it's a girl and Tree if it's a boy.  Emily wanted to go with a  name from the Bible so she said Joseph or Judas if it's a boy, and then a few minutes later she decided Judas was the best pick.  Ha!  

This morning I picked Claire up out of her crib and Emily got a worried look on her face and said "can you carry her while you have a baby in your tummy?"  I told her yes and she said "well, when you get bigger, you'll have to let Daddy pick Claire up."  My 5 year old little worrier is looking out for me.:)  

We took the picture below on Tuesday night after we told them so that they could help us announce it to our family and friends.  I was so excited about telling the two little girls on the left.  I was so ready to be able to talk to them about it!  I actually told Claire the day we found out and have talked to her about it several times since (when it was just the two of us around).  One of the great things about 19-month-old's is that they are saying some words and understand ALOT of what you're saying, but they can't/won't tell your secrets.:)  

Also, I've had a few people ask me about the girl shoes in the picture blow.  We don't know the gender, that was just all we had, no surprise there.:)  


I'm thankful for the sweet, encouraging comments from friends and family.  We are so excited about this little life! Children are a blessing and Bert and I are so thankful for ours!  

No comments:

Post a Comment