Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Labor Day Weekend on Hartwell

We spent Labor Day weekend with my family on Lake Hartwell and had such a great time! We wanted to get in one last bit of summer fun before the weather started getting cooler.  

We got there late afternoon on Friday and not too long after we got there Bert, Stanley and I headed out to the movie theater to go watch War Room.  My mom and dad had seen it earlier that week and really wanted us to be able to see it, so they offered to keep the kids.  Bert and I don't get to see very many movies in the theater in this stage of life, so we don't usually turn down offers.:)  The movie was amazing! They did such a great job with it and I think everyone should go see it. 

Saturday morning we were all ready to hit the lake!  


We got to spend some time with my cousin Mike, his wife Alli, and their son Miles over the weekend.  It was so good catch up with them as it had been months and months since we had last seen them.  Miles is about 6 months older than Claire and SUCH a cutie!!  Alli is pregnant with their 2nd and is due about 2 months before Baby Watts #4.  


Mike pulled the kids (and Bert) on the tube and they loved it!! 


I caught Hannah waving at us mid ride! 


Claire even loved the tube!  No surprise there though.  If she sees her sisters doing something she insists on doing it too!  



Uncle Jimmy (my mom's brother) stopped by the boat and took Emily on a jet ski ride while some of the tubing was going on.  I love her wild lake hair in the picture below.  


Claire kept wanting to hang her sippy cup over the side of the boat and got more than a little upset when I took it away.  I know she was thinking "I wasn't going to drop it, mom!"  


Stanley brought his Enu (is that what it's called?) hammock and we enjoyed relaxing in it throughout the weekend.  Mimi and Hannah are "sleeping" in the picture below.  We'll give them an A for effort.  


Swinging with Uncle Stan...


Happy girl.  


Another favorite activity for the weekend was jet skiing.  Brett, Stan and Bert took turns almost the whole time we were down at the lake taking one kid after another for a turn on the jet skis.  Mimi and Katherine got a couple turns too!  


Me and my fearless child.  


Claire got to go on the jet ski one time and she liked the jet ski even more than the tube.  




One night before dinner we caught these two curled up in the chair with Jacob's arm around Hannah.  These are the faces of sweet, tired cousins.  


Jacob and Hannah attacking playing with Mimi!  She didn't seem to mind.:)  



I'm actually ducking behind Hannah in the picture below.  They are all sitting on my lap and you can see my hand holding Claire upright. I didn't want anyone to think we are leaving our 20 month old to fend for herself in the big 'ole lake!  I did like this picture of our sweet girls though.:)


We had such a fun weekend at the lake!  Very thankful for the relaxing, beautiful weekend and that we were able to spend it with family!  I can't say I'm overly excited about saying goodbye to summer, but I'll choose to focus on a few of the things that I love about cooler weather...hot chocolate, leaves changing, holidays, fires in the fireplace, sweatshirts, and soup for dinner!  

No comments:

Post a Comment