Thursday, September 24, 2015

These Days

The kids are growing up on us so I wanted to remember a few of the sweet, fun things they are doing these days....

-Hannah likes to throw an "o" in the middle of some words.  She says "Hair-o-band", "Air-o-plane" and "Care-o-bear".  I like it.  

-I asked the girls what their favorite thing to do with Daddy was and they said:
Emily- "Helping Daddy in the garden"
Hannah - "Riding in Daddy's car." 

-Claire calls herself "KK."  Bert calls her CK (her initials) about half the time, so she must have gotten KK from that.  I'll say "Mommy loves....." and wait for her her answer and she'll get biggest grin on her face, pat her chest and say "KK!!!"  

-Hannah LOVES apples these days and wants one most every day.  She hasn't cared for bananas for about a year now, but will eat them occasionally.  

-After Emily had been in school for about two weeks I asked her one afternoon what her favorite part of school was and she said "every part is my favorite part." 

-Claire is my grocery shopping partner on Monday mornings while Emily and Hannah are in school.  She loves it!  


-Emily recently moved up to the next Sunday School class, which means she'll also be in the service with us for the 1st half of the service and then go to children's church during the sermon.  We're excited to have her up there with us!  

-We have a red Power Wheels car and Hannah has recently started riding in it and driving it after refusing to get near it for almost a year.  She likes to take her time to warm up to things.  

-Claire loves shoes and wants to wear them at all times.  Within minutes of waking up in the morning she is bringing me a pair of her shoes to help her put them on.  

-Hannah often doesn't take an afternoon nap, but just has rest time (I would say she does this about 65% of the time).  On the days when she doesn't take a nap at home she usually ends up taking a cat nap in the car line while we are waiting to pick Emily up.  

-Pregnancy update:  I'm loving trail mix and all things Mexican these days.  Not a big fan of sandwiches (which is very odd for me).  

-Grandmama bought this cute new back to school outfit for Emily and Emily was so excited about wearing it last week!  


-Also, she's recently decided that she likes pigtails and will ask for them often (I couldn't get her to wear them last year as she said "they're for babies").  I usually feel like she's growing up on me too fast, so when she wants pigtails it reminds me that she's still my little girl.  I'm sure her favorite hair style will change again in a matter of months, weeks or days, so I'll enjoy this while I can.  


-Hannah loves to draw.  Give her a pen and paper and you've got a happy girl.  She also LOVES to play in sand and dirt.  She could play  in it for hours.  

-Emily started back with her tap and ballet class a few weeks ago.  She goes once a week for a 50 minutes class.  

-When I tell Claire we need to go pick up one of her sisters from school she stops what she is doing and practically runs to the door.  

-Emily has about 15 minutes of homework Mon- Thurs night.  She is still in the "I love homework so much" stage!!! 

-Hannah asked me the other day if she could get a phone like mine when she gets a little bit bigger?!?!  Ha!  Try A LOT bit bigger.  

-Claire plays really well by herself in the playroom for extended periods of time.  It's impressive.  

-Bert was talking to Emily one night about how she needed to have a better response when she gets frustrated.  She sighed and said "grownups never get frustrated."  Ha! 

-Hannah-ism:
"Last day" = yesterday
"Next Day" = tomorrow

Emily: Mom, did you know a boy in my class named Gary is already a grandpa?!?!
Me: Oh really?? :)
Emily:  Yep.  He's already got a niece so he's a grandpa.  

-Hannah's got an impressive sense of smell. She can smell one of Claire's poopy diapers from a mile away and doesn't hesitate to let me know. I lovingly call her my little "poopy patrol." 

-Emily loves to sing.  Her teachers have told us that she sings all the time on the playground.  She also sings when she is playing in the playroom or riding down the road.  We think she has a beautiful voice, which she didn't inherit from either parent.  

-Hannah seems to have a good bit of athletic coordination.  She is really good at kicking a ball straight to you, throwing and catching.  It will be fun to see what she does with it if she decides she likes playing sports. 

-Claire loves to help me put clothes away and makes the job more fun!  

-One morning Claire and I were taking Hannah to school and Hannah said "Mommy, will you take my picture in the gwass?"  I said sure thing and Claire proceeded to jump in the picture too, and sweet Hannah didn't mind at all.  


-Emily and I got to have an ice cream date one Friday afternoon after I picked her up from school.  She was in the middle of telling me about a new little girl in their class when I snapped this picture.  


-All of our girls LOVE playing outside.  I would say it's their favorite thing to do!  Ride bikes, play on the swing set, play in the dirt, throw a ball, or just run around.  Happy sisters.  


-Claire is talking SO much these days.  We can understand a lot of what she is saying, but sometimes she looks at me with those eye brows raised and starts pointing and talking jibberish.  She definitely knows what she is saying, but I have no idea.  It makes me smile every time.  

-Claire calls Hannah "Ahhh" and she calls Emily "Ehhh".  She can say big words like "grandmama" and so many others, but for some reason she's stuck with calling her sisters these very much abbreviated versions of their names.  We definitely understand what she's saying, so whatever floats her boat...

We're so thankful for these sweet babies God has given us.  They keep us laughing, busy, thankful and on our toes and we wouldn't want it any other way!  

No comments:

Post a Comment