Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Gender Reveal

We didn't do gender reveal parties with Emily, Hannah or Claire, mostly because the thought of planning a big party stressed me out.  This time my mom mentioned that it might be fun.  It got me thinking that this pregnancy is flying by and I do want to take every chance to celebrate this little life that we are so thankful for (we were thankful for the other 3 too, but you get the idea), so we decided to do something small, last minute, and laid back.  Just like I like it.  

I actually had my 16 week ultrasound early Monday morning.  We told the ultrasound tech that we didn't want to find out that day and she did a great job of telling us to look away when she was showing that area on the screen. We thought since we were going to do a gender reveal party that it would be more fun to find out with everyone else than find out while she was doing the ultrasound. Bert asked a friend to look in the envelope she gave us and text the gender to the lady making our cupcakes.  


Once everyone arrived and we had Bert's parents ready on Facetime it was time for the big reveal.  We let Emily and Hannah have the first cupcakes and find out first if the baby was going to be a little sister or a little brother.  


We have the sweetest video of Emily telling everyone "It's a GIRL!!" with a big grin on her face before she started jumping around the patio.  


I asked everyone coming to the party to wear their guess!  Since Bert and I didn't know and we both thought it was a girl we were both sporting our pink.  


We enjoyed hanging out with some of our good friends and family after the big announcement.  It was a beautiful September night.  


This girl has been wanting another sister from day 1!:) 


Mimi was sharing some of her cupcake with Claire Bear.  


My mom and dad were so sweet to get off work early, pick up the cupcakes for us and drive over to Greenville so they could be there to find out if their next grandbaby is a boy or girl.  I'm so thankful for them! Also, my dad gives the best hugs.:)  


So thankful for these sweet friends and my sister (who is one of my very best friends) that are so so excited about our new baby girl on the way.  It was so fun to be able to share this moment with them. Katherine and Ressie rode over with mom and dad and I so loved having them there.  Kate was literally about to bust to find out.  


The sweet ultrasound picture was taken at my 16 week ultrasound (which was the day before our reveal).  


Sweet girl, we couldn't begin to tell you how thankful we are for you and how excited we are to welcome you into our family.  You are already such a blessing.  You're going to have so much fun with your big sisters.  They'll keep you entertained for sure.  You stay put for many more months, but when it's time you just know that we can hardly wait to hold you in our arms.  We love love love you!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment