Monday, November 23, 2015

25 Weeks

I had my 24 week check up last week and it went really well!  It was just a heartbeat check, so I didn't get any pictures of my sweet girl, but I just love hearing her little heartbeat, so that's fun too!  Her heart was beating 144 beats per minute, my blood pressure was good, so we both got a thumbs up.

I'm actually 25 weeks 2 days by the time I'm getting around to posting this.  In just a few short weeks I'll be 30 weeks and we all know it FLIES by at that point (until you get to that last week or so, then I feel like she's never going to come.)

I was telling another friend that is pregnant the other day that if I think about delivery and the pain of it all I'm still super nervous.  This is how I've been with every pregnancy. By about 33 weeks or so I'll start getting more and more mentally and physically ready to deliver (not at that exact moment, but close to her due date). You just get so big and so uncomfortable at the end of the pregnancy that you're ready to go through whatever pain is necessary to have your baby out of you and in your arms.  There is absolutely no more room in the inn.  I just think it is so fascinating how God designed the process.  The months of being pregnant and delivery are hard and wonderful at the same time.

I got to go to my cousin's wedding a couple weekends ago and I had someone there ask me how my pregnancy was going.  I smiled and said it was going really well.  She gave me a surprised look and said "Really?!  So no nausea or pain??" I responded with "Oh whoa...that's not what I meant.:)" and had to let her know what I meant by "going really well." She hasn't ever been pregnant before, so maybe I need to be a little more clear when I'm responding to that often asked question.:)  By "going really well" I mean that I've had no major complications with the pregnancy, all Abigail's check-ups have gone really smoothly, and I'm not on bed rest (PTL).  BUT, just to be clear, I've decided pregnancy is super hard on the body.  I had plenty of nausea and tiredness during the first trimester and the second trimester, although much better than the first, has brought its own aches and pains.  I've had a good bit of heart burn (which I feel like started earlier than with my others), leg pain, trouble with my sciatic nerve, etc.  Honestly most days I have something that is hurting at least for part of the day and then it goes away and tomorrow it will be something else.  For about an hour this morning I was literally limping around the house because I had a sharp shooting pain on the top part of my right leg.  That pain seems to be gone now though, thankfully.  I guess after 5 pregnancies you just get used to the normalcy of pains coming and going.  And it's all SO worth it and passes so quickly that it's hardly worth mentioning.

I've been able to feel Abby kicking more in the last 3 weeks or so, which I'm super thankful for.  I love that part of pregnancy! Sometimes when I lay my arm across my stomach she'll just kept kicking it over and over.  It makes me smile.

Here is my 25 week picture....


Abby, you are precious blessing.  We're praying for you and love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment