Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Abby and Her Sisters

Abby's sisters couldn't have been more excited about meeting her!  

These next several pictures were taken about 30 minutes after we got home from the hospital.  Emily was so excited she was about to burst.  I love her sweet expressions in the next couple pictures.  



She has told us several times over the first couple weeks that she would stay up with Abby all night so that we could sleep.  She'd said "I'll keep her happy.  I really don't mind."  She'd probably only make it until 9:30, but it's most definitely the thought that counts.  Sweet thing. 



Hannah was VERY excited too get to hold Abby too!  I love it when her whole face lights up when she smiles.  


Claire wasn't interested in holding her that first day so we didn't push it at all, but she did carry around her baby doll a lot of the night.  I've also caught her putting her baby down on a blanket for "tummy time."  


Only one was looking at the camera and she wasn't smiling, but I had to document our first picture of all 4 of our girls together, taken just an hour or so after we got home from the hospital.  


Bert got this picture of them one morning after they had just woken up and were watching a show together.  Good gracious I love them.  


Hannah probably asks to hold Abby the most, although Emily is a close second.  I truly don't think it's an exaggeration to say she asks to hold her about once an hour.  They are both very interested in (obsessed with) their little sister.  :)


These next two pictures were taken when Abby had only been home about a day.  Emily and Claire were just checking her out.  



Then Em decided to read her a book.  Emily is doing so well with her reading...it's so fun having a little reader!



After a couple days Claire decided she wanted in on this holding action. I love that they are both in their footie pajamas.  



It got SO warm about the time that Abby was born.  It's been wonderful...I've loved having the warmer temps so that the big girls could play outside and I could feel the warm sunshine on my face. However, these warmer temps snuck up on me this year and our poor children hardly had any short sleeve shirts or pants available to wear.  All their spring/summer clothes were in the attic and I was definitely not making the season clothes swap that first week after Abby got home, so they just had to make do.  After she had been home about a week and a half and it was still warm and beautiful, I decided we had to make the big clothes swap happen.  Notice their mismatched outfits in the picture below....this was before the clothes swap. Also, every picture I took had Claire in motion.  Cuties!



I love these next two pictures.  I love all their smiles and their outfits and I love that they love each other. 





Abby, you have 3 big sisters who love you so much!  I truly believe that siblings are some of the greatest gifts, and I know I'm biased but you have 3 of the BEST! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment