Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Strawberry Pickin'

I love love love fresh strawberries, so the month of May makes me happy!  We were out in the field picking not long after the strawberry patch nearby said the fields were ready.  Hannah, Claire, Abby and I went out with Mary Pat and Gabe one morning when the guys were working and Emily and Haley were in school.  


Abby was content to stay in the wagon for almost the whole time we were there.  She only got annoyed at the very end. Claire just got in the wagon for the picture.  


The next week we decided to go back and pick with everyone.  We went one evening and it was beautiful and peaceful out there in the strawberry field.  

This year, of my 4 girls, Claire was probably my "best" picker.  She was just really excited about picking and did a great job finding the best strawberries, I can't think of one time I had to tell her that the one she picked wasn't a good one.  Impressive for a 3 year old!


During this trip Abby got to ride on her Daddy's back, which she enjoyed even more than she did the wagon.  


Watts and Flemings


We have a strawberry patch about 15 minutes from our house so I've been about once a week during the month of May.  This week they had a whole gallon of strawberries that the strawberry patch picked for $8...can't beat that price.  We all SIX love strawberries, so a bucket disappears quickly at our house.  We've enjoyed strawberry season and I'm a little sad to see it go, but it's probably good for my wallet that it's so short.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment