Friday, November 30, 2018

Braces for Emily

Emily had a permanent tooth grow in behind her others and after taking her for an orthodontist visit he felt like it was time to put braces and an expander on so that they can widen her mouth and pull that tooth up front with the others.  They're only on the top and she'll have the braces on for about a year. 

I took a picture of her right before she went back to have the brackets put on.  


Work in progress...


Ready to go back to school!  


A couple weeks after this day (the one in the picture above) she had her expander put on and she was definitely less excited that day.  At first the expander made it difficult to talk, eat and drink.  Food still gets caught in it, but it's been on almost 2 weeks now and she is much better eating with it in.  Some sounds are still hard to say.  We have to turn a key on her expander each morning and night.  Bert refuses to do it, so I am the official key turner. I don't understand why he would be okay pulling their teeth (I don't even like to touch loose teeth...much less pull them), but turning the key gives him the heebeejeebies, but I'm fine with it.  I'm not sure exactly how long the expander will have to stay in, but I think I remember them saying 6 months.

The braces definitely make her look older and it feels more like we're losing our little girl, but it's fun to see her grow up and step into new stages in life! Love our girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment