Friday, November 30, 2018

Potty Training Abby

I did the three day potty training method with Abby in mid-November.  It's hard to find three days in a row when I can focus on potty training and not leave the house.  I realized in early November that if I didn't do it on this one particular weekend that it wouldn't happen until after the new year, so I canceled a hair appointment and moved Bible study from our house and we made it happen.  

She was soooo excited about getting started!  Sweet thing!  



I have this exact same picture with all four girls on the first day of their potty training.  I love getting to be their Mommy!  


The three days of potty training were long and tiring and I may have complained to Bert, mom and Katherine more than once, but she did GREAT!  She hasn't put on a diaper or pull up during the day since that first day of potty training and she almost never has an accident.  My others had some trouble going poopy in the potty at first and with all three of them I ended up needing to make them a sticker chart to give them an incentive to go poopy in the potty, but Abby definitely hasn't needed a chart and has been totally fine going poopy in the potty since about day 2.  Go Abby!  

She still wears a pull up at night since I still have her in a crib, but she wakes up dry almost every morning.  In the last 2 weeks she has maybe woken up wet just one time.  

We're super proud of our girl!  

Diapers have been a line item on my monthly budget for 103 months, and I'm not sad to see it go, although I am a little sad that seeing it go shows me that my babies are growing up so super fast!  

No comments:

Post a Comment