Monday, December 31, 2018

Christmas Parties and Plays

December was busy with school parties and plays. I sometimes felt like my head was spinning because I needed to send this in on Tuesday for Hannah and that in on Wednesday for Claire and this in with Emily on Friday, and on and on...  Even with the busyness it was a fun couple weeks, but I'm thankful that it slows down again in January!  

I helped the kids make necklaces at Hannah's class party!  The girl sitting across from Hannah in the picture below is Hannah's best friend in her class this year, Violet!  She's super sweet and I had a chance to get to know her mom some and really enjoyed that too!  


Violet took this picture for us! 


Mrs. Hiller loved her class gift and the kids were so excited about giving it to her! 


The same day as Hannah's party Claire had a Christmas musical so I left Hannah's party a few minutes early and raced to pick Abby up from a lady that was babysitting her for me and then ran to Claire's school.  I was sitting on the side (because I got there just a couple minutes before it started) and Claire couldn't see me and was looking for me the whole performance.  Bert was standing in the back videoing so she saw him.   As soon as she finished and came to us she said "I thought you didn't come, Mommy."  Poor thing!  

Claire was in the middle of the back row.  



The next day was Emily's Grinch party!  The ladies that put everything together did such a great job with it!  They had a cute craft and green hot chocolate and other green snacks....the kids loved it!  And I loved getting to be there with my girl (who was dressed like Cindy Lou Who)!


Emily's 3rd grade class 


Emily and Claire's class parties overlapped so Daddy had to get called into party duty because one of us was definitely going to be there for each party.  He took Abby to Claire's party and then I got there late as soon as I finished with Emily's!  She thought it was fun that both of us got to go to her class party!  Ha! 


Hannah's class had pajama day on the last day before Christmas break!  Always a fun day!


The 3rd graders do a play each December, so this was Emily's year!  


Their music teacher told them that anyone taking private piano lessons could play their Christmas piece as a part of the prelude before their play started.  Emily didn't want to do it at first because she said there were going to be too many people there, but her Daddy gave her a pep talk and she was all about it from then on.  She played it perfectly and we were so proud of her for getting up there and doing it!  



Emily was an elf in the play and had 5 or 6 speaking parts and did a great job with each of them!  




Emily asked Mr. Bob and Mrs. Sherry if they wanted to come see her school play and they happily agreed.  Mimi drove over from Toccoa and then of course all of Team Watts was there to cheer her on, so she felt loved!  


Hannah sat with Penny and Kaia during the play.  These three girls were all in the same class last year and were the best of friends.  This year they're all in different classes but Hannah and Penny play together every day on the playground.  They all three have siblings in 3rd grade.  


It was a busy, but fun week!

No comments:

Post a Comment