Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Watts Visit

Bert's parents came for a visit over Labor Day weekend and we had such a wonderful time with them!  The weekend started off with them taking us out to a Japanese Restaurant (which just happens to be my favorite) in Raleigh.  I of course ate way too much, but it was sooo good!!  Emily was mesmerized by the cooking.  I thought she might take a nap, but there was way too much going on for that!:)

Sunday afternoon we went to the Duke Gardens.  It was absolutely beautiful!  It was the first time any of us had been, but Bert and I will definitely be going back.  It was so much fun to go w/ Linda b/c she is so knowledgeable about all the different types of plants and flowers.  I, on the other hand, can't tell the difference between a rose and a dandelion.  Okay, I'm exaggerating a little, but not much.:)



Emily fell asleep mid-bite...all the sightseeing was wearing her out!:)  She was great though, I don't think she cried one time the entire afternoon...






Linda's birthday was Monday (also Labor Day), and we drove down to the State Farmers Market in Raleigh.  We ate the State Farmers Market restaurant (I have to say, I think it is one of my favorite restaurants in Raleigh...I just love all the fresh veggies.) and just enjoyed walking around and seeing everything.  
  




On the way home we stopped by "Cookout" for a birthday milkshake!  We had never had one, but have heard how good they are.  They're definitely good, but if I have to choose I'd take ice cream over a milkshake any day of the week.:)

Emily loves her Grandmama!!  She's giving her a "happy birthday" hug.  



We had such a great time visiting w/ y'all, Linda and Jeff!!  Thank you so much for making the trip up to see us and for loving us so well!!  We miss you already!



No comments:

Post a Comment