Thursday, September 23, 2010

Why I Love Toccoa

We were able to take a trip to Toccoa last weekend and we had such a great time!  I started thinking about all the reasons why I love that little town and I'd thought I'd share a few with you....

-I love that there is "nothing to do"
-I love that you wave to everyone as you drive by (even if you don't know them)...and they wave back
-I love that most of the town goes to the football game on Friday night
-I love that I've learned to enjoy just spending time w/ friends and family (probably b/c there was "nothing to do")
-I love that we didn't have a mall
-I love the memories I have of taking day trips to the mall in Atl w/ my Mom, Nanie, and Kate
-I love that we have a lake and our lake house was only 9 minutes from our house (the dock was my favorite place to go and have my quiet times w/ the Lord)
-I love that I can't go into Wal-Mart w/o seeing someone I know
-I love that all the shops downtown close on Sat at 2:00...because they can.
-I love our cute little mountain

Mostly, I just love the people.  I am thankful to Him that he allowed me to grow up in such a sweet town.

1 comment: