Thursday, November 18, 2010

No thanks, Mom.

Emily's never been a huge paci-lover, but she would certainly take one from time to time and it would usually calm her down.  I had 2 with me at all times.  One day, a few weeks ago, Emily decided she didn't need a pacifier any more.  She literally refused it every time.  I've carried them with me for weeks.  When she got fussy I would try to give her one, but she would have nothing to do w/ it.  I think there are two reasons why this makes me sad.  1.)  It's honestly nice to be able to have something that will calm her down quickly...especially if we can't pick her up ( ex. car).  2.)  I feel like my baby is growing up too fast!!  

I started looking for a paci picture and I realized that in most every picture I had taken her pacifier out for the picture.  Now I wish I hadn't.  I wish I had a few pics to remember that sweet short stage.  (I'm making a mental note for future stages.)  I did find one picture of Emily w/ one of my best friends from college, Sara.  Emily's 3 months old in this picture.  


Good news, Emily, you won...I've packed up your pacifiers.:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment