Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving in GA

We traveled to GA over Thanksgiving and we had such a wonderful time visiting with family and friends.  

First stop:  Jackson, GA....we started out our time in Jackson by visiting Bert's grandmother.  It was SO good to see her.  She was so excited to see Emily.  As soon as we walked in the room she had her hands out for us to hand her over.:)


Bert and his grandmother.  She's such an encouragement to us.  She's a strong believer and not afraid to tell you what she's thinking....refreshing.   Love her...


Emily playing w/ her cousins...


A cousin picture....so sweet!!  Emily has some catching up to do!:)  


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with Bert's parents, grandparents, and siblings (plus families).  We had soooo much good food.  I wish I had taken a picture of it.  Bert's mom made collards and I cannot tell you how excited Bert was about it.  Who knew he liked collards so much??  Not me.:)  I don't think I had ever even had them until last week.  I actually really liked them.  I'm going to need to surprise my sweet husband and cook them for him one night.

Second Stop:  Toccoa, GA - We drove up to Toccoa on Friday afternoon to have our Thanksgiving meal w/ my family.  


My parents, Emily and I...


I LOVE this picture!!  Emily's very loved by her Papa Stan!  


Please just look at her cute little chubby hands...love them!  (You can click on any of these pictures to make them bigger.)


You know those friends who know what you're thinking before you say it??  The kind of friend you can literally talk to for hours and feel like you just started talking.  Misty has been one of my best friends since kindergarten.  She had a precious little girl, Emily Ann, in June.  Misty, David and Emily stopped by my parents house for a few minutes as we were loading up the car to head back to NC.  I'm so glad we got to see them!  Emily A's getting bigger by the day!  

Emily Jean (7 1/2 mo) and Emily Ann (5 mo)

I kept having to jump in the picture to pull Emily J. away.  I think she was trying to give her a hug.:)  

We are thankful for so much, but most of all we're thankful for our Savior.  We're thankful that He died for our sins and made us right with God.  We're so undeserving of his grace and love, but so thankful for it.  Praise Him!  

No comments:

Post a Comment