Saturday, December 4, 2010

Birthday Celebrations Galore

Happy Birthday to my amazing husband!  Bert turned 28 on the 28th! :)

We celebrated in style this year...

Celebration #1
The Monday before we left for Thanksgiving I took Bert out for a birthday dinner.  I told him about it a few days before, but wouldn't tell him where we were going.  I am now a huge fan of Groupons.  If you don't know what I'm talking about check it out here.  We went to Hibachi Express in Raleigh, and I was able to pay $7 for $15 worth of food.  A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.  Robin, from our small group came over to watch Emily for us (thank you SO much, Robin!!).

We had such a great time!  The food was great, and the fact that we only paid $7 made it even better!:)  

Celebration #2
We had a birthday dinner with my parents and brother on Saturday night before his birthday on Sunday.  We were actually running a little later than expected with dinner so we had to wait until half time of the Georgia game before eating cake and opening presents, but it was probably for the best...dinner was SO good.  

Emily wanted to help!:)  We've decided she's going to be a really fun age at Christmas this year.  She was very interested in all that paper.  



Celebration #3
So I had been thinking for a few weeks that it would be fun to have a little surprise party for Bert w/ some of our small group, but I couldn't figure out when or how to do it b/c his birthday fell over a break and lots of people were going to be out of town (including us).  Anyway, I was talking to some of the ladies in our group who got VERY excited about the idea.  They said they would let everyone into our apartment on Sunday night and they would all be here to surprise him when we arrived back in Wake Forest.  

On Sunday afternoon as we were packing up the car in Toccoa I started thinking that maybe this was a bad idea.  I mean I had NO idea how long it would take us to get back.  It's a 5 hour drive w/o baby stops and Charlotte traffic.  We ended up hitting some pretty bad traffic in Charlotte.  It took us 7 hours instead of 5, but we still arrived at hour apartment within 10 minutes of when I was expecting us to arrive.  CRAZY!  

The surprise went beautifully.  Bert was SOOOO surprised!!  Thanks to Elizabeth for making such a yummy cake!!  




Celebration #4
Katherine and Brett had to leave for NC on Saturday afternoon before our family birthday dinner, so they asked if they could have us down to their house for their own birthday dinner.  We of course accepted...those two know how to cook a good meal!:)  I'm sad to say that I actually didn't get a picture of us that night, but just know we had a wonderful meal and wonderful conversation.  

Bert, you are the best husband and the most loving father.  Emily and I are so thankful for you.  I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!:)






No comments:

Post a Comment