Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas in Georgia

We started our Christmas vacation at Mimi and Papa Stan's house.  On Saturday night Bert and I went to Cotillion (a dance) with my parents.  Bert and I left Emily w/ Uncle Stan (while she was screaming her head off I might add) and he was in charge of getting her to bed, etc....he did a wonderful job!:)  

On Sunday we celebrated Papa Stan's birthday.  Mom and I worked hard to make Dad's favorite cake...a lemon pound cake.  I must say it turned out pretty good.  Emily was diving for the cake and Papa Stan was perfectly fine w/ letting her have it.  I wasn't about to let her mess up the pretty cake we had just made.:)  


 On Monday we took a trip up to Dahlonega, GA to visit some of our good friends from Bert's time on staff w/ Campus Outreach.  This picture is missing 4 kids, but you get the idea.  We so enjoyed catching up w/ them!


On Tuesday we hit the road to go visit Bert's family in Jackson.  Here we are playing a modified version of charades.  I have a really hard time w/ this game because I find myself just wanting to sign whatever I am trying to say.  When I try to think of some other way to describe it....all I can think of is the sign.  It's terrible.  If I were you, I wouldn't pick me for your team if we play this in the future.:)


Emily playing w/ Grandmama
 

Emily and with her aunts....


We made it back up to Toccoa on Christmas Eve night about 11:30pm.  Thankfully Emily slept for most of the trip back up so she was ready to go early on Christmas morning.  We ALWAYS take a stairs picture first thing on Christmas morning.  Emily looked pretty excited to take part.:)


Our aunts, uncles and cousins started arriving about lunch time and we had a wonderful afternoon and evening with them.  Here we are skyping w/ our cousin Michael and his wife Allison who are living in England!  So fun!

We also played a friendly game of Family Feud....girls vs. boys.  The Girls dominated.:)  Please notice the homemade Family Feud board made by my Aunt Kathy....very impressive.  


We had such a wonderful time spending time w/ family!  We love you and miss you all so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment