Saturday, March 19, 2011

First Steps

Emily took her first steps last night (3/18/11)! 

She gets soooo excited when Bert gets home from work.  Last night was no exception.  It was an absolutely beautiful day so we decided to go on a quick walk before dinner.  Bert was sitting on the bed putting on his shoes and Emily kept hanging on him.  He set her out a few feet from him to see if she would stand up by herself.  (We've been working on this....she can totally do it....but most every time we stand her up and let go she drops herself to the floor and starts crawling.)  Anyway, when Bert stood her up this time she took 3 steps towards him.  I was standing right there talking to him and saw the whole thing.  Bert jerked his head up at me to make sure I had seen it too....my mouth was hanging open.:)  He set her back and she did it again....couple more steps.  She did it a third time and then we decided we HAD to get the video camera out.  I ran to get it only to find it was as dead as a doornail.  (That's not supposed to happen!)  Bert told me to go get our regular camera and we could take a video with it.  I raced to get that camera.  By the time I found the camera and was ready to go, Emily had decided she was tired of that game.  Oh well.  You'll have to take our word for it for now, but we're hoping to get a video soon!!:) 

1 comment: