Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Charleston, SC

My cousin, Jackie, got married in Charleston, SC last weekend.  We've been excited about this wedding for a long time as they've been planning it for almost a year and a half.  We arrived late Thursday night and the festivities began Friday morning with a Bridesmaids lunch at a cute restaurant in downtown Charleston.  My mom, sister and I managed to get lost going to and from the lunch.  I will admit that I was in charge of directions as I was the only one who had been to Charleston before.  However, in my defense, there are way too many one way streets and every time I've been before I've been with someone who knows where they're going.:)  Anyway, we made it, and I wasn't in charge of directions the rest of the weekend!  


Rehearsal Dinner



My great-grandmother, Grandma Presley, made these flower pieces that we think she was intending to make into a blanket.  The blanket never got made and my aunt and mom found the flowers as they were cleaning out my grandmother's house.  Aunt Ann surprised all of the cousins (there are 8 of us) with a baby blanket for each of us that was made using the flowers that Grandma Presley had made herself.  They're absolutely beautiful and SO special!  (You can click on the picture to make it bigger.)  


Game night after the rehearsal....so much fun.  It made me miss game nights at the lake.  






Thompson Cousins in age order from right to left:  Angela, Kristi, Jackie, me, Mike, Katherine, David and Stan (holding Emily).  The 8 of us have taken countless pictures together over the years.  We almost always take the picture while in age order.  It's tradition.:)



I just liked this picture.  She looks like such a big girl.    


We didn't have a lot of time for sightseeing this weekend, but we did get a few hours to walk around downtown Charleston before it was time to get ready for the wedding on Saturday afternoon.  


My good friend Sara was in Charleston the same weekend we were.  Sara lives in Columbia, SC and I feel like I NEVER get to see this girl who I love dearly.  She stopped by Sunday morning on her way out of town to say hey.  It was so good to see her....even if it was only for 10 minutes.  



It was such a great weekend!  Congratulations to Jackie and Andrew....we're so excited for y'all!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment