Monday, July 23, 2012

Morning at the Lake

Bert had the day off for July 4th so we drove over to Lake Hartwell to spend the morning at the lake with Mimi and Papa.  

Emily getting ready to go...I love her hair in a pony tail.  Doesn't she look so grown up?!:)  


Daddy getting some Hannah holding time before we headed down to the dock.  Papa Stan was jealous.:)  


Emily was ready to go!!  


Hannah usually takes her best nap in the mornings, so she actually napped a good bit of the time we were there.  I just love to see a sleeping baby...melts my heart.  


Bert wanted to get in the water so Papa Stan got a turn holding Hannah.  



We decided to take a boat ride on Mimi and Papa's boat.  This was Hannah's FIRST boat ride.  She wasn't a huge fan at first.:)



Finally just gave up!  


Papa let Em drive the boat!  She was REALLY proud of herself!:)  


Here is H about to get off the boat....(looking slightly traumatized)...sweet girl.:)  


We dropped Mimi and Hannah off on the dock and went back out so that I could take a quick slalom run.  I haven't been able to ski much the last few years because I have either been pregnant or not near a lake/boat.  I used to ski ALL THE TIME.  When I lived in Toccoa, after I finished grad school, I would recruit whoever to come out to the lake after work and pull me skiing.  I honestly just love the lake...it's so peaceful.  


I definitely enjoyed my ski run (thanks Mimi for the encouragement:) ), but I was S.O.R.E the next day.:)  Maybe if I skied more than once every 2 years that would help.:)  

Emily waved to me almost the entire time I was skiing....Bert finally joined in.:)  



Bert was going to ski after I finished, but after I dropped, the boat stopped and wouldn't start back.  Bert and I had to swim the boat back in to the dock (thankfully we were fairly near it).  By "Bert and I" I mean Bert swam it back and I helped.  We have a love/hate relationship with this boat.  We have so many great memories on this boat, but more often than not over the last couple years "ole bessy" just won't start.  We've had 12+ great years with this boat though and we're thankful for it.


Papa finished out the morning snuggling with both girls.  


We had a great time with family on the 4th!!  Thankful for the free country where we live and and thankful  for our freedom in Christ!  

No comments:

Post a Comment