Saturday, January 12, 2013

Conversations with a 2 Year Old


1.)  Emily, Hannah and I were sitting at the kitchen table after we had just finished dinner...
Emily - Does Hannah have any teeth? 
Me - No, not yet.  
Emily - I can put some teeth in Hannah's mouth.
Me - Oh, yeah?  Where are you going to get the teeth?  
Emily - I don't know yet.  
Me - Oh, Okay. Well how are you going to put them in?  
Emily - With my screwdriver that's in the bathtub.  It's red and green, you know?

Couple things....
A.)  She doesn't have a screwdriver in the bathtub, although I think I know which bath toy she's talking about.  
B.)  Hannah, I promise we won't let her get a screwdriver or a bath toy near your mouth.:)


2.) Emily, Hannah and I went to Toccoa one afternoon last week so that I could go to a dentist appointment.  We were about 10 minutes from my parents' house when this conversation took place:  
Emily - Mommy, my poopy is coming.  
Me - Well, tell it to wait until we get to Mimi and Papa Stan's house.  We're almost there.  
Emily - (In a very stern voice, while looking down at her bottom, and pointing her finger) Poopy, you wait!  Stay back!  We're almost to Mimi and Papa's.  
Me -  Holding in laughter and not saying anything...
Emily - (about 1 minute later) Mommy, my poopy didn't listen.  It did come!  



No comments:

Post a Comment