Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hannah - 15 months

Hannah had a great 15 month check-up!  She weighed 24 lbs 9 oz and was in the 76th percentile for her weight.  She was 31 inches long and was in the 66th percentile for her height.  She really didn't appreciate any of the nurses'/doctors' efforts to check her out.  She was very serious during the entire appointment.  She cried several times to let them know she didn't appreciate what they were doing, but then would quickly calm back down as soon as they finished (weighing her, etc.).:)  

Hannah's Favorite's at 15 months:  
Food:  Cheese, bread, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, mandarin oranges, etc. 
Movies: Baby Signing Time  
Books: She loves them...all!  She brings me books all the time and then will turn around and sit down in my lap so that I can read it to her.  
Activities:  Dancing, reading books, taking baths, playing with Em, feeding herself
Words she can say: Mama, Dada, Emmy ("Mem-me"), shoes, baby, juice, yay, up, hey, bye, Mimi, Papa, night-night, uh-oh (her favorite), poopy

Sleeping Habits at 15 months: 
-Hannah takes 1 or 2 naps a day.  She will usually take 2 naps if we are at home for her to fit in 2 naps, but she can easily get by on 1.  
-She sleeps 11-12 hours at night...almost never wakes up.
-She sleeps with her bunny...she must have her bunny!:)  One night a few weeks ago we couldn't find her bunny and had to put her to bed without it.  She screamed for an hour until we found it and then went right to sleep as soon as it was in her arms.  Note to self:  Get a backup bunny, pronto. 

Things I treasure about my 15 month old:
-She has 4 teeth (top two middle, bottom two middle)
-She's getting more and more hair in, slowly but surely! 
-She's a very happy baby...smiles all the time.
-Loves her thumb.
-She gets so so excited when I pick her up from the nursery.  She pretty much throws a party for me every time I come to get her...squealing and jumping around.  Warms my heart every time.:)  
-She loves to be outside...taking walks in the wagon, playing in the yard, swinging.  
-She can point to her nose, ears, mouth, hair, feet,  and belly button.  
-If you ask her to point to her eyes she usually points to her nose...we don't have that down quite yet.  
-She loves music.  She especially loves to be held while we dance with her around the room.  
-She shakes her head "yes" and "no" when we ask her a question.  When we ask her a question she will answer "correctly" with the right shake of the head maybe 40% of the time.  She has an exaggerated shake of the head that is just too cute!!  
-Several times recently we've asked her if she's ready to take a bath (she loves bath time).  She'll start running for the bathtub, while shaking her head "no" and will stand beside the tub until you get in there to put her in.  
-Her favorite phrase these days is "uh-oh."  She says it anytime she or someone else drops something.  She drags out the ohhhh just a little and every time she says it I think to myself that I've never heard anything so cute.:)  
-She's learning to climb and can climb on a stool by herself. Scary for Mommy.
-She's quite the explorer.  She wanders into other rooms all day long, walks off when I'm trying to talk to someone at church, she's very busy checking out her surroundings and most definitely keeps me on my toes!    
-She and Emily are playing more and more together. 
-She loves my phone.  My phone is a flip phone so all she has to do is open it and she can press all the buttons she wants/make all the calls she wants.  I try to keep it out of her cute little hands, but she ends up with it more often then you might think.  
-Hannah loves to pull off all the books on their bookshelf.  It is absolutely unbelievable how fast she can do it.  She usually does it by herself, but this day she recruited her sissy to join in the fun! 


The other night she picked up Daddy's hat off the couch and put it on all by herself.  I snapped a picture of her as she ran by me.  Busy, busy I tell you.:)  


My cutie playing in the playroom.  She just looked like a big girl to me in the picture below.  


Happy 15 months, Hannah!  You make me smile....you're so full of life...learning new words every day, walking around with the cutest little walk, working hard to keep up with your big sister in all things, letting us know what you want and don't want, but then still wanting to be held by your Mommy and Daddy. Sign me up for snuggles with you anytime, anyplace.  We love you, we love you, we love you, Hannah Beth!:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment