Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mother's Day - Hannah's Dedication, Emily Singing, and a walk in the park!!

Mother's Day 2013 was packed full of fun!  It really was a great day!  Emily's preschool choir sang two sweet songs about mom's.  She sang both songs this time and was very into it!  We were so proud of our girl.  At the end of their performance all the kids gave a rose to their mom.  The rose has been on our mantle all week and I've so enjoyed seeing it.  Yesterday during lunch several of the rose peddles started to fall.  Emily got this panicked look on her face and said "OH NO MOMMY....the flower is falling!!!  I'll have to (still in a very stressed voice) tell Mrs. Kristen when I go to choir so I can get another one!!!!!!"  


We also had Hannah's dedication at our church. We were saying in front of the church that we will raise her in a godly home.  The church was also saying that they would help in that process, which we are very thankful for, but it's ultimately our responsibility to disciple our children.  We're praying that Hannah would one day trust in Jesus and live her life to glorify His name!  


Side note:  Not long after the picture above was taken Hannah decided that she wanted to get down and walk around.  She never cried but she got a little fussy, especially during Pastor Paul's prayer.  She was working hard to shimmy out of my arms and seemed very frustrated that I didn't understand what she wanted.  Ha!

Me and my girls!


My mom and our girls!  I truly believe that I have the best mom in the world.  I just can say how thankful I am for her! 


My mom and dad came over to Greenville for the aforementioned activities. We ate a wonderful Mother's Day lunch that my mom made (she still spoils me, people) and after naps we took the girls to a park to play on the playground and walk around.  We went to the park that is just outside of the Greenville Zoo.  It had great walking paths and a fun playground!  The slide on the playground is a little steep and Emily refused to go down it (surprising for this slide-loving-child).  We were going to be at the bottom to catch her (she's been down steeper slides), but she wouldn't hear of it.  Maybe next time!  


Emily was playing peek-a-boo and Mimi caught this picture.  I love her sweet, natural smile.  


I am one very blessed Mama on this Mother's Day, and every day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment