Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Our Yard

Bert has done such a great job working in our yard over the last few months.  He's planted new shrubs in the front, flowers in the back, a beautiful rose bush (that he and the girls gave me for mother's day), and much more.  I know there is more that he wants to do, but he really is just doing such a great job!  I knew he would.  He has a green thumb (like his Mom and Grandmother) and he really enjoys working in the yard! 

 I love the azalea's along the side of our yard!  (And I love these two cuties in front of the azalea!)  


I had a perfect view of the azaleas from our bedroom windows.  Our house is to the left of the picture below.  Every morning I would open the blinds and they would literally make me happy every time I saw them throughout the day.  They were just beautiful. Now they're a little sad looking as all the blooms have died, but I enjoyed them while they lasted.  


This was on the other side of the house...I like the color of the flowers on this azalea.  


The previous owner had a garden back behind our fence.  We've talked about expanding our fence to make our yard bigger, but that's a project for another day.  Until that day, Bert decided that we would use the garden and enjoy getting fresh fruit and veggies all summer long.  He's planed green beans, lima beans, watermelon, tomatoes, zucchini  squash, cucumbers and cantaloupe!  


It was a good bit of work to get the ground ready to plant and then planted (this part of the yard was overgrown), but I'm thankful for all his hard work.  We can't wait until everything starts coming in!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment