Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hospital Stay

Claire had lots of family so excited about meeting her and holding her for the first time! 

Grandmama and Pawpaw with Claire!  Linda was sick and didn't get to hold her, but she wanted to so bad.  She's one proud Grandmama...you can tell that she's smiling even behind the mask!:)  




Bert, his dad and our sweet girl.  


Papa Stan was so excited to hold his newest Grandbaby.  The grandparents were able to be in the labor and delivery room with us for most of the day.  My dad enjoyed being able to be in there with us, and made the comment after our afternoon nap that this was one of the most relaxing births he's ever experienced!  Easy for him to say!:)  It really was pretty great...thankful the day went so smoothly!  


Mimi and Claire!  Mimi was relieved to have sweet Claire here.  She's been on edge the last couple weeks waiting on her baby to have a baby.:)  



When they were wheeling me from my labor and delivery room to my postpartum room I looked up and saw my brother (Uncle Stanley) waiting in one of the waiting rooms!!  He surprised us!  He works and lives in Atlanta and left work early on Wednesday so that he could come see us.   He's one great uncle and brother! 


Daddy and his little girl. Claire is one blessed little girl to have this man as her Daddy.  


Katherine and Brett came over on Thursday morning to meet their new niece.

Claire and Aunt Katherine...


Claire and Uncle Brett...


So my good friend, Kristin, who was due with her little girl three days before me, ended up having her baby January 7th (the day before I had Claire).  We had said all along it would be so fun to be in the hospital at the same time and we were!  Matt, Kristin and Charlotte stopped by our room to visit for a few minutes before they checked out on Thursday afternoon.  We're so thankful to have our girls here!  



My friend, Jennifer, made us this cute wreath to hang on our hospital door.  She's so sweet and talented.  We had so many people comment on how cute it was as they came in the room.  Don't worry...I took no credit as I don't have a creative bone in my body!  Jen, you could start a side business if you wanted to!  


Our gift from above.


"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." Psalm 139:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment