Monday, November 24, 2014

Thankfulness Jar

This year we started a new tradition for the month of November and I just love it!  Each night at dinner we all say something we're thankful for and Bert or I write it down and then put in the the jar.  At the end of the month (probably won't be Thanksgiving day since we won't be here that day) we'll take them all out and read them together.  Emily was in charge of cutting all the slips of paper and I must say she did a great job!  


It's been so sweet to hear some of the things our girls are thankful for.  Here are a few of my favorites...

"I'm thankful for Aunt Alison, Uncle Stephen, Solomon and Rosemary." - Emily
"I'm thankful for Mimi and Papa."  - Hannah
"I'm thankful for my Ariel sticker that I got from ballet.  Oh and one more thing...I'm also thankful for ballet." - Emily
"I'm thankful for Claire." - Hannah
"I'm thankful for my Grandmama and Pawpaw."  -Emily
"I like to go to Mimi and Papa's house." - Hannah
"I'm thankful for the whole planet and the whole world God made."  - Emily
"I'm thankful for Claire standing up." - Hannah
"I'm thankful for my Mommy because she is beautiful and the dentist's office and I am so proud of Hannah."  -Emily
"Mimi and Papa."  - Hannah
"Bunny."  - Emily
"Grandmama and Pawpaw."  - Hannah
"I'm thankful for my friendship with Triumphant."  (friend from school) - Emily
"I'm thankful for Mimi and Papa."  - Hannah
"I'm thankful for Hannah's new classroom."  -Emily
"My favorite part was Mimi and Papa."  - Hannah
"I'm thankful for my Mommy, Daddy and my sisters."  - Emily
"I'm thankful for Mimi and Papa."  - Hannah

In case you didn't notice, Hannah was verrrry thankful for Mimi and Papa this month.  She said she was thankful for them most every day.  Sweet thing.  It's been so good for Bert and I to write down some of the things we're thankful for too.  We have so so much to be thankful for.  Praise God!  

No comments:

Post a Comment