Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Anniversary Date Night - 7 years

We had a Christmas dinner to go to on our actual anniversary so we decided to celebrate a few nights early.  We met Mimi in Anderson so that she and Papa could take the girls for the evening.  It was so nice to not have to rush back home after we ate dinner.  It's an odd feeling to feel as free as birds when you have 3 kids age 4 and under, but we definitely enjoyed it for one night!  

We started out our date night with dinner at The Peddler.  The Peddler is an amazing (and I mean amazing) steak house in Greenville.  A sweet couple in our church had blessed us with a gift certificate to this restaurant and we had been saving it for our anniversary.  We enjoyed every part of our time there.  The  food is amazing (Bert said he had the best steak he's ever eaten that night), our waitress was so sweet, and the whole restaurant is just so cozy!  So thankful we were able to go!!  


After dinner we stopped by the house to change clothes (it was cold outside!) and then drove downtown to walk around and maybe go to a coffee shop.  Once we got downtown though we decided it would be fun to go ice skating.  This is just reason number ten million we love downtown Greenville...they have "Ice on Main" in the winter months.  We'd never skated there before, but decided it would be fun!  I actually haven't been ice skating in about 10 years...and it showed.:)  I am either not as good as I remember or I really lost my ice skating skills when I don't use them!  I didn't fall (thankfully), but that's just because my hubby happens to be a very good ice skater and held my hand the whole time.:)  


We had SO much fun!!  


While we were out there ice skating together and laughing together we decided it was the best anniversary date night yet!!  So thankful for our marriage and for the 7 wonderful years God has blessed us with!  

No comments:

Post a Comment