Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas in Toccoa

After spending time with Bert's family at our house, we left late Christmas morning to head to Toccoa to celebrate Christmas with the Roberts side of the family.

We got to my parents' house around lunch time, but we needed to go ahead and start opening our presents before the rest of the family (my mom's brother and his family) arrived for our big Christmas meal, so mom offered to feed Claire while we were all opening our gifts.  She serves us all the time. All the time.  


Here are a few of us piled on the couch before we started opening presents.  Jacob wanted Emily to sit beside him. Sweet thing!  




I have such great memories of Christmases with my cousins.  We are all very close in age and love spending time together.  There are 8 cousins all together on my mom's side of the family, and many years we're all able to make it for Christmas or Thanksgiving. This year, though, we were missing Angela and Jackie, my mom's sister's children.  Angela had major surgery a couple of weeks ago, so Aunt Ann, Uncle Bud and Jackie stayed with her this year. We're praying for Angela, and we missed them being with us this year!  

We had our big lunch/dinner around 2:30, so the little ones -- Jacob, Hannah, Miles (my cousin Mike's son), Claire and Collins (my cousin Kristi's daughter) -- were all napping.  Emily got to stay up and eat with us, so she felt like a big girl. She was soooo excited!  


Here are the sweet kiddos after their naps, lined up by age!  


We walked in the kitchen to find Uncle Stan playing with Emily, Hannah and Jacob.  He's such a great uncle...I love my brother!!!


Notice how much taller Katherine is than me.  I'm actually 19 months older, but when we were growing up EVERYONE used to think she was older because she was so much taller.  It drove me absolutely crazy.  Ha!  

She's now 32 weeks and counting as we wait on Baby Ressie!!  Can't wait to meet my sweet sweet niece!!  


On the day after Christmas, we got together with my Uncle Ronnie (my dad's brother) and his family.  My cousin Jamie and his wife Ronda had all of us over at their home to enjoy dinner and some ice cream cake for dessert.  I was soooo excited about this ice cream cake! For us, that's usually just a birthday treat.  I had two large pieces.:)  


These four kids had fun together!  Ava (standing between Hannah and Jacob) is Jamie and Ronda's daughter...she's just about 2 months younger than Hannah.  My dad kept joking about putting Claire in one of these baby strollers that the girls were pushing around.  Haha!!  Not that it would have happened even if they were calm (he was definitely joking), but they were all a bit too hyper for that! 


I enjoyed getting to chat with Ronda and RJ!  RJ is 9 1/2 years old now. It's hard to believe that when he was a little younger than Hannah is now, he was the ring bearer in our wedding!  I remember when he was Claire's age! Crazy!  


I loved this picture we snapped of Papa playing with our little Claire Bear. He loves his grandbabies!


Watts family Christmas photo...


Our Christmas this year was a wonderful few days with lots of great time with our family!  2014 has been an amazing year, and we're looking forward to 2015!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Watts!

No comments:

Post a Comment