Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Claire's First Step

Claire took her first step on Thursday, January 22nd.  We were sooooo proud of our girl!!  That was just a few days ago, but she's already taken 4 steps in a row now.  My baby will be walking all over this house in no time.  

This was a 1 year portrait we had taken of her at Portrait Innovations last weekend.  Sweet thing!  


Just in the last few days she's started saying even more words.  It's a fun stage when they are learning new words every day!  She now says "no-no." I would venture to say that it is her new favorite word.  I was trying to get her to drink a little bit more from her sippy cup before I laid her down for a nap earlier today and she pushed it away and said "no-no" while shaking her head. Ha!  Well alrightly then.:)  It is honestly just so cute. Not as cute when Emily or Hannah tell me "No" to something I ask them to do, so I'll enjoy this cute stage while I can.:)  

If you say "Claire, where is the ball?", she'll crawl across the room to go get it and say "ball" over and over.  

This afternoon Bert told her he needed to change her diaper and asked her to go find her diapers.  She crawled all the way across the living room straight to the diaper/wipes basket.  But then when he sat down to change it she tried to crawl away.  Just wanted him to know she knew where they were.  It's just a little crazy to me to see how much she understands and I love love having her communicate with us.  So fun!  

When Emily and Hannah are coloring a picture on the playroom floor she will often crawl over and plop down right in the middle of the coloring book so that they can't color.  I'm pretty positive she knows that it irritates them.  Ha!:)  

She is slowly but surely getting better at drinking from a sippy cup.  I still have to offer it to her a million times a day and stay pretty focused to make sure she is getting enough liquids but we are getting there!!  


We just love you so much Claire Bear!  You are so much fun!!  And couldn't be any more cuddly or cute.  We love you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment