Saturday, October 1, 2016

Crawling

Abby officially started crawling about 3 weeks ago....she was just over 6 months. I had to look back to old blog posts and baby books to remember when the other 3 started crawling.  I thought I remembered them all being right around 9 months, but I wanted to double check.  

Emily -  9 months
Hannah - 8 1/2 months
Claire - 9 1/2 months
Abby -  6 months

It's no wonder she started so early though.  She loves watching her sisters and likes to be on the floor where they are.  We caught her sisters coaching/cheering her on one night as she was just starting to crawl.  I love Hannah's stance in the picture below. 


They all three kept backing up and she kept right on headed to them. It was sweet to hear them cheer for her.  


Showing off her one-handed balancing skills.  


Focused. 


She's crawling from room to room now.  Although when she leaves the room that I am still in she usually sits down just outside of the room and looks back at me and smiles.  It's almost like she's proud of herself for her new-found skill and she wants to make sure I see her. 


Her crawling everywhere and putting everything in her mouth is keeping me busy these days, especially with 3 older sisters who often leave things on the floor that I don't want in Abby's mouth.  I feel like I am constantly assessing the room she is in to see what I need to move out of her reach.

This is a precious, sweet stage and we're enjoying watching her explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment