Friday, January 20, 2017

10 Months - Walking and Talking

Abby's already 10 months and will be a year old before we can blink.  She started really walking the week after Christmas (at 9 1/2 months).  That's when she started taking 12-plus steps together at a time before falling on her little bottom.  Now, just a few weeks later, she literally walks circles around the house. If she falls down she gets right back up.  Crawling is no longer her preferred option and I almost never see her do it.  She really doesn't even have much of a wobble with her walk like she did those first couple weeks.  I miss the wobble, but since walking is an important skill, I won't wish the wobble back on her. ;)

I was out of town last weekend and it was the longest I've ever been away from her.  I cried when I left.  She hadn't had a bottle in months and months and months.  I nursed her on Friday night and then left.  When she woke up on Saturday morning Bert greeted her with a bottle.  She screamed for an hour but finally took it and did fine the rest of the weekend.  I was soooo proud of our sweet baby for cooperating for her Daddy.  

She's talking to us more.  She'll now say "bye bye" which is cute, but more importantly she started saying "Mama."  She'll say it sometimes when I walk into a room and it melts my heart every time.  She said it for the first time on January 11th.  She started saying "Dada" back in October, but didn't seem to know what it meant.  A few weeks ago she started saying "Dada" when her Daddy would pick her up and I think it melted him in a puddle too.  

She's still nursing 5 times a day, sleeps from 8-7 at night, and takes 2 naps a day.  I've given her a lovie to sleep with her in crib but she's definitely not attached to it yet.  In fact, she seems annoyed with it and when I go to pick her up or look at her in the monitor it's usually on the other end of the crib from her.  

I've also started giving her a sippy cup but she usually just plays with it.  She makes me think she's drinking it because she'll keep it in her mouth but then when I check it she couldn't have had more than a drop.  Maybe she'll start liking it soon.  

She doesn't have any teeth yet, but her gums look slightly swollen so surely one will pop through soon.  She doesn't liker her exersaucer anymore and I hardly ever put her in it.  She's just too active for it.  

She had been doing so great in the nursery at church for the last several months.  She was happy the whole time. In the last week she has decided that she no longer wants to be left in the nursery and will pitch such a crazy fit that they have to come get me after trying to calm her down for about 20 minutes.  I really don't mind them coming to get me at all....I just feel bad for our nursery workers that they have to deal with my loud, screaming child.

She loves bath time and playing in the playroom with her sisters.  She'll often follow them out of a room when they leave.  She's keeps such a close eye on them.  And they all 3 love her so.  

She'll eat a whole banana for lunch, loves her yogurt for breakfast and has loved most all veggies we've given her for supper.  She's enjoying new foods every day.  She wakes up from her naps screaming and ready to get up.  She can't understand why it would take me a whole 60 seconds to get to her room after she wakes up.  :)


We love you Abigail Kate Watts!  You're a blessing and a gift to our family!  

No comments:

Post a Comment