Thursday, January 19, 2017

Winter Conference

Bert took the students from church on a winter conference to Gatlinburg for a couple days and nights during the week between Christmas and New Years.  My mom, the girls and I decided to tag along for the fun.  I was so thankful to have my mom there with us because I was able to go to a lot of the sessions that I wouldn't have been able to go to if it had just been me with the kids.  

It was super chilly that weekend so we had to bundle them up each time they walked outside.  Here they are on our porch, which overlooked a beautiful river. Bert, Abby and I had an adjoining room with Mom and the older three, and it was so nice to be able to go back and forth and to be able to put Abs down for a nap and then be in the other room while she slept.  


Mom stayed back with Abby and Claire during the morning session while Abby took her long morning nap.  She and Claire had fun coloring, reading, etc.  


This trip was just days after Abby had officially started walking.  At this point she was still doing about 12 steps at a time or so.  Abby was walking on her own, but Claire liked trying to help her, which  sometimes (when she would walk too fast) wasn't so helpful.  


Emily and Hannah had a grand time at the session with the youth and even got on the big screen because they were so cute.:)  There were thousands of students at this conference....it was huge!  


Our hotel was within walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg, which was such a great location. It was also nice because it allowed Mom, Claire and Abby to come out and meet us for lunch!  

Abby enjoyed getting to spend time with her Daddy.  


Emily and Hannah hung out with some of the older girls every chance they got.  


After we ate lunch on Saturday I had to go to back to the hotel to nurse Abby and put her down for a nap and Emily and Claire came with us but Hannah wanted to stay with Mimi and do a little shopping around Gatlinburg.  Hannah had SO much fun and my mom loved being with her.  Mom said she got so excited about every single little thing!  Sweet thing! 


Me and my bundled up littles.  


I had to run an errand and when I came back to the room Abby had woken up from her afternoon nap and mom was just rocking her in her arms.  It's sweet to see someone you love so much love on someone you love so much. 


We stopped by Chick-fil-A for lunch on the way home to round out a great trip!  


It was a busy few days, but we enjoyed it so much!  I was thankful for the time I was able to spend with the students, and for my mom coming up to help with the kids.  Even though we didn't spend all that much time with him, I think Bert liked having us there.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment