Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Blog Update

I've been blogging now for 7 years!  Which is wild because I'm a math person.  My degrees are in accounting and although I love to read, every single paper I've ever had to write for school was painful and stressful for me.  When Emily was 4 months old I started a blog and decided I would just give it a try!  I wanted to remember those early months and thought a blog might be a good way to do that and it has been!  I'm so thankful that I started all those years ago!

For me, the main purpose of  my blog has been to record pictures and stories of our life and have them in a place where our girls can read them and enjoy remembering certain events that they might not remember otherwise.  Every January we have a hardback blog book printed of the entries from the previous year and the kids LOVE pulling out the books and having me read them stories or just looking at pictures.  One of the girls pulls out a book to read/look at most every day.

I've also heard from several friends and family that have said they have enjoyed reading my blog over the years and this makes me so happy.  I love reading blogs from other families and often find them encouraging and full of good ideas that I might or might not implement in our family.  I'm humbled that people would take time out of their day to sit and read my ramblings about how cute my girls are or details about our latest trip or a story about their 1st day back to school.  

I've been thinking about making my blog "private" for a while now for a few different reasons, but my number one reason is for the safety of my kids.  So, I wanted to send you, my loyal readers, a personal invitation to continue reading the blog. If you've enjoyed reading the blog over the last 7 years and have a desire to continue to watch our kids grow through the stories I tell about them on here then please just let me know.  I'll be glad to send you an invitation.  You should only have to sign in once from your computer so it shouldn't take a lot of extra time on your part.  I know that sometimes I have enjoyed reading blogs of "friends of friends", so if that's you, and I don't even know you but you're a friend of one of my friends then please know I'd love for you to continue reading too!  Please just send me an email (stephanieRwatts [at] gmail [dot] com) or a text or a facebook message or a comment on here with your email address and I'll get you added to the list of "readers."  

Thank you so much for all of the encouragement and support and love you have shown our family through our blog over the last 7 years. Looking forward to blogging more in the years to come!

Much love,
Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment