Thursday, August 31, 2017

Solar Eclipse

So the eclipse that happened on August 21st was a pretty big deal around here in the weeks and days leading up to it.  Greenville was in the direct path to have a total eclipse for just over 2 minutes.  We got our glasses weeks before and were ready to go!  

Bert came home from work a little after lunch so that he could watch it with us while Abby napped. We went in and out for awhile just taking a peek and then going back inside, but when there was about 15 minutes left we brought towels outside and sat and read books under a tree.  We got up and down for peeks between every book.  





I loved this picture of Claire!




During the 2 minutes of totality we were able to take our glasses off and it was an unbelievable experience. 


We didn't take this picture, but someone else that we know in town did so I saved it so that I could remember what it was like.  Amazing!  


Team Watts (minus Abby) glasses picture!  


I would love to see one again when I'm not so worried about one of my small children accidentally looking at the sun and going blind! I wasn't quite as worried about E and H, but C is definitely a wild card. We had a great time together and were amazed by God's beautiful creation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment