Saturday, September 30, 2017

Hannah's First Field Trip

Hannah's first field trip was to Paris Mountain State Park which is about 7 minutes from our house.  I've been on this field trip a couple times with Emily and it's a fun one.  I was so glad I was able to go with Hannah!  

Hannah in front of the waterfall!  She's getting to be such a big girl!  


I love one on one time with my girls!  It's not easy to make it happen so I'm always super thankful for it when it does!  


They had fun on this big tree stump.  Thankfully no one got hurt! 


Ranger Cathy is so great with the kids! One of the kids asked why she was so excited about everything she was talking about?  Ha!  She's enthusiastic, but it makes it fun for the kids.  


At one point during the field trip they were each supposed to find a small animal of some sort to put in their little jar.  Ranger Cathy helped Hannah find a worm and Hannah was super excited about it.  Hannah said later that this was her favorite part of the trip.  She's loves digging in the dirt!  


After a while it was almost time to move to the next activity and Hannah's friend, Penny, still hadn't found anything to put in her own jar.  When Hannah heard that she said "Here Penny, you can have my worm!!"  I caught a picture of her dropping her worm in Penny's jar.  I was proud of her for thinking about someone else.  


It was a fun day but we did A LOT of walking and we were both worn out.  I caught this picture of Hannah later in the afternoon.  She almost never falls asleep in the car (unless we are driving late at night).  Sweet thing!  


Hannah's next field trip is on a Friday and Bert is going to get to go with her.  We love going on field trips with the kids and getting to know their friends and teachers better.  We're thankful for our school!

No comments:

Post a Comment