Friday, September 29, 2017

These Days

September flew by, but it was a great month!  The girls got haircuts (trims) earlier in the month and Hannah was SO excited about Mrs. Heather straightening her hair!


I guess it's true that girls with curly hair want straight hair and girls with straight hair want curly hair!  


I loved this picture of Emily reading to Hannah and Claire.  They all 3 looked into it! 


The girls were out of school two days because of Hurricane Irma.  On Tuesday mornings, Abby and I usually buy groceries while Claire is in preschool.  Since they were out of school, the whole crew got to come along and they were really excited about it!  I was a bit more distracted than normal, trying to make sure they were staying with me and not touching everything, but all in all it was a good trip.  


They had Wacky Wednesday at school and loved seeing how wacky they could dress.  Emily picked out her outfit and then Hannah wanted to copy her.  Thankfully Emily didn't mind.  


They switched shirts and wore it backwards.  I asked them after they got in the car from school if anyone called them by the wrong name because of their shirts and they laughed and said no. 


The fireman from the firestation just down the road from our church came by to see Claire's Cubbies class a couple weeks ago.  The kids were fascinated for sure!  


Claire and her friend Eli!  


I help with our preschool choir on Sunday nights.  We all start in the sanctuary for the first part of the service and then walk the kids down to our classroom.  I turned around and saw this cute little row of two of our kids holding hands with two of the Burns' kids and I had to snap a picture.  Hudson and Hannah are 2 weeks apart in age and Katelyn and Claire are 6 months apart.  


For a while now Claire would pray before meals sometimes but only if we "helped" her.  She would want us to feed her one line at a time.  This day, it was the first time she said she'd pray by herself. I love her little clasped hands!  


Just a normal lunch time with these two cuties.  They eat more than just a sandwich, but if I bring out anything else (fruit or cheese or anything) Abby will stop eating the sandwich and want the next thing. We have to let her finish, or come close to finishing, before we move onto the next food.  It's a little annoying when Claire finishes her sandwich way before her.  Hopefully it'll become easier to reason with the little nugget soon.  


Bert took a trip to Boston to see how our church might be able to partner with one of the new church plants up there.  He was gone for 3 days and 2 nights.  We were all very glad to have him back, but we survived.  

The first night he was gone the girls had open house at their school, so I took all four to see Emily and Hannah's teachers and classrooms.  It was fun to see some of the different things they have made and talk to their teachers for a few minutes.  

The picture below was something Emily made and was on the wall in her classroom.  She said it was a picture of her taking a selfie and Bert, Hannah, Claire, Abby, and I were photobombing her picture.  Ha! 


Another grocery trip with these two!  They recently opened a Lidl grocery store a few miles from our house and I've really found that they have great prices.  I still have to get some stuff at Ingles, but I usually go to Lidl and then stop by Ingles on my way home.  


Claire loves the color blue.  Her teacher at preschool said that any time she gets to pick a color (blue or pink scissors....or a certain color sticker) she always chooses blue.  :)

Pretty in blue!  


Emily caught strep throat one day last week.  It was the first time one of our kids has had strep, and Emily will tell you that it wasn't fun.  Thankfully it was very shortlived.  She was feeling SO much better even after 6 hours of being on the antibiotic and 24 hours later you wouldn't have known she was sick the day before.  I was trying SO hard to make sure no one else in the family got strep and so I was trying to keep the other kids away from Emily.  Hannah and Claire did great, but it drove Abby absolutely crazy that I didn't want her on Emily's blankets.  She kept crawling up there, then I would get her down, then she would crawl up there again.  It was a special day and I was thankful when Emily wasn't contagious anymore.  And no one else got it....woohoo!  


These two cuties have fun playing together while their big sisters are at school.  They play together so much more than they did this summer.  


Abby was wearing Claire's tennis shoes and some wings.  She LOVES shoes and prefers bigger shoes that she can put on by herself.  


One morning Claire wanted to color with markers.  I was in the room with her, but I didn't realize quite how much she was getting on herself. She was tracing her hand with her fingers spread out on the paper and she actually did a really good job with it!  


This past Wednesday I picked Emily and Hannah up from school, ran home gave the kids a snack, got Hannah ready for dance and ran back out the door. We have about 25 minutes at home before we need to be leaving for dance so it makes Wednesday afternoons a little hectic. Anyway, on this particular day I got all our stuff and all the children out the door but accidentally forgot my keys inside.  My car was locked and our garage door key pad needs a new battery, so since I couldn't get in my car I couldn't open the garage door.  Thankfully I had my phone so we played in the back yard and Bert came to our rescue. I was a little annoyed with myself, but I know it happens. Sweet Hannah had to miss her dance class which she was disappointed about.  Oh well!  We'll try again next week.  And we'll definitely be replacing the battery in that key pad just in case I happen to pull a stunt like that again.  


One morning last week Abby was fussy.  I took a picture of her during one of her tantrums.  If you had audio along with the picture below you would be plugging your ears right now.  I thought the tutu made the tantrum cuter though!  It's hard being 19 months old! 


This past Thursday Emily and Hannah had some friends over for a playdate after school.  Samantha and Penny are sisters and they are both in our girls' classes.  

Emily and Samantha - the 2nd graders in Mrs. Windham's class 



Hannah and Penny - the Kindergartners in Ms. Powell's class 


These four had a fun afternoon playing together and I enjoyed visiting with their mom, Stephanie, who is a speech therapist at our school.  I love getting to meet their school friends and I especially love it when I get to build relationships with other moms too.  


The fall weather has just arrived within the last couple days and I must say, even as much as I love all things summer, I'm happy the fall weather is here. We're looking forward to a busy, but fun October! 

No comments:

Post a Comment