Wednesday, January 31, 2018

New Years Day

We had a relaxing New Years Day at home this year, which was wonderful!  We watched some of the Rose Bowl parade while we made cookies.  I got a cute video of Abby saying "Happy New Year" right after I took this picture.  


I had gotten the girls excited about icing the cookies and then realized that I didn't have the icing that I thought I had.  I knew they were going to be so disappointed so I decided to whip up some from a recipe I had (I'm a planner so I don't usually just whip up things).  I thought I had everything to make the icing then I realized I had run out of vanilla and hadn't replaced it.  Thankfully Google told me I could substitute maple syrup for vanilla and all was well.  Close call though.  

The big girls iced the cookies while Abby napped.  


We don't usually have a big New Years meal, but I thought it would be fun this year.  We did it for lunch since UGA was playing in the Rose Bowl at 5 that afternoon.  

Harvey's, a family-owned-home-cookin-type restaurant that is about a mile from our house was offering collards and black eyed peas that you could pick up NYE and then have them for your New Years meal.  I LOVE their collards so I thought it sounded perfect.  We had the veggies, Bert grilled us pork tenderloin and fruit and we were all set.  


2018 is off to a great start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment