Thursday, January 31, 2019

A New Bed for Abby

We decided one weekend in January that it was finally time to move Abby out of her crib and into a toddler bed. I wasn't sad when we threw away the last diaper in the house, but I cried real tears as Bert was taking down this crib.  We've had this crib in our house for almost 9 years and I've put babies in and taken babies out of it about a million times.  I have precious memories of checking on them while they were curled up sleeping in it and singing and praying over them before I laid them down.  


I can't believe they're all so big!  Time's flying!!  


I moved all three of the others out of the crib at around 2 years old because they had a younger sibling needing the crib, but that wasn't the case for Abby, so she stayed in it a little longer (almost 3).  I'd say she was ready for her big girl bed though and hasn't looked back once! 

Claire was still in the toddler bed in Emily and Hannah's room so we did the big switch and moved Claire into Abby's room and put her in a twin bed and set up the toddler bed for Abby! 




I got matching bedding for Abby and Claire from Target, which I thought turned out super cute! 


These two girls got new bedding for Christmas and love sharing a room.  Hannah was sick last week and she slept in our bedroom while she was quarantined and Emily missed her SO much!  They were both so excited when she got to start sleeping in their room again.  


Room sharing is a must in our house because we have 4 kids in a 3-bedroom house, but even if it wasn't I would want them to.  I loved sharing a room with my sister growing up and I'm excited that they get to do it too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment