Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Day of Football

Two or three weeks ago Bert told me that GA was going to be playing Florida on Oct. 29th and we were going to need to watch it.  He never turns down the opportunity to watch a GA game (and he doesn't miss many), but I could tell this game was different.  He HAD to watch this one.  He reminded me a couple times over the last few weeks about the game...which is also unusual....I'm usually the one reminding him about things.:)  

Game day finally arrived and Alison and Stephen came over to watch with us!  Here we are in all of our GA apparel.


Emily didn't pay much attention to the game, but anytime Bert yelled, jumped up, or clapped loudly she just froze and had a very serious look on her face.  She didn't start crying, but she would just stare at him.  It was almost like she was making sure everything was okay before she continued with what she was doing. 


Em got really good at saying "Go Dawgs" during this game.  She said it several times just out of the blue and I think it made her Daddy happy.:)  


Just watching the game with Daddy....

Bert did not stay in this position for long.  I believe he jumped up 2.5 seconds later.  "Laid back" would not be the way to describe him when he's watching a GA football game.:)  I love watching games with my hubby...I can't help but smile over how excited he gets!!  


GA beat Florida 24 to 20.  Woohoo!  It was definitely past time for GA to pull out a win in Jacksonville.  We were all very excited!!  

Clemson also played last night.  They played GA Tech and were 8-0 going into this game.  BIG game.  Bert promised that IF Georgia beat Florida that he would put on an orange shirt for the Clemson game.  He said that if GA lost that he just wouldn't be able to do it.  Thankfully, the Dawgs won so once 8pm rolled around it was time to put on the orange and cheer on my Tigers.

Putting on an orange shirt at all is a huge step for Bert.  When we got married he didn't own one piece of orange clothing.  I'm slowly but surely working on that.:)  

Sadly, the game didn't start until 8 and Emily couldn't stay up, so we'll have to work on her "Go Tigers" another day.  


Clemson ended up losing to Tech.  Sad, but it was still a GREAT day!  I'm thankful for my family.  

1 comment: