Friday, January 27, 2012

Full Term

As of today I am officially considered full term!  37 weeks....3 weeks until my due date.  Woohoo!!  Can't wait to meet my little Hannah!  I am so thankful for such an easy pregnancy.  It's actually been much easier than my first pregnancy.  I haven't had trouble with carpel tunnel (I had trouble with this for the last 3 months of my pregnancy with Em), haven't had trouble with pain in my knees, or had as much swelling as last time.  I think a lot of this is due to not working 40+ hours a week at a desk job until close to delivery, but either way I'm thankful that it's been a little easier.

I had a check-up yesterday and we (Hannah and I) both got great reports.  Her heart rate was 146bpm, my blood pressure was 100/62, she is head down, and I'm 1 cm dilated.  I'm not sleeping very well these days.  The past few nights I have literally had to get up 6 times a night to go to the bathroom.  I know....it's hard to believe, but believe it.  I'm not sure that this will get better before I deliver, but we'll see.:)

For some weird reason I've never really liked the term "nesting."  I'm not sure exactly why, but something about the word gives me a weird mental image and I just haven't ever wanted to "nest.":)  I really didn't feel like I did much "nesting" with Emily, but this pregnancy  has definitely been different.  As much as I hate to admit it I have definitely been "nesting."  I have been cleaning and organizing things that I haven't given a second thought to in weeks, months or even years.  Every day I've been telling Bert my next project and he just laughs. I've become slightly obsessive over these projects.  I want to get them done and I want to get them done now.  Bert's been sweet and I actually think he's enjoying some of the organization that's taking place around the apartment.:)

Hannah's bag is packed and ready to go.  I've started packing my bag, but I can only do so much when I have to wear my clothes that I need to pack.  Bert is taking a class next weekend (Feb 3rd and 4th).  It would be so helpful if Hannah could wait to arrive until after that weekend class, but we definitely trust in God's timing.  We're so so excited about meeting our baby girl!  Emily still doesn't totally understand, but she's going to be really excited once she figures everything out.:)


Please pray for a safe delivery and a healthy baby Hannah!  Thanks!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment